- To facilitate market based short, medium and long term finance to the following categories:
- Japanese companies having investment in BD,
- Japanese companies having joint venture in BD,
- Bangladeshi enterprises having substantial export to Japan.
- To arrange low cost fund facilities with a focus to the manufacturing sector,
- To provide technical assistance to banks and financial institutions regarding load processing,
- To contribute in developing financial market, generating employment, fostering economic growth and alleviation of poverty in Bangladesh.
Eligible end-borrower should be:
- duly registered under the Company Act 1994,
- having appropriate licenses issued by local governments,
- have three years of operation in Bangladesh.
- Investors within EZ:
- Any investor in EZ
- Japan-Bangladesh Joint ventures
- Japan and other foreign Joint venture
- Investors outside EZ:
- Japanese investors
- Japan-Bangladesh Joint venture
- Japan and other Joint venture
- Bangladeshi Investors having substantial amount of deals to Japanese companies
- Bangladeshi companies having business contract with Japanese-invested companies in Bangladesh
Eligible Business Sectors for Investment:
- The recommended priority industrial sectors and/or types of business under the TSL Component are as follows but not limited to:
- Electric, Electronic Industry
- Light Engineering Industry
- Leather Industry
- Food Processing Industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Fixed Assets, including:
- machinery and equipment, and
- factory buildings and related civil works.
- Working Capital, which is not only associated with effective use of the investment loan but also for regular operations.